Thursday 31 July 2008

Beauty treatment

My lovely bike is now in the hands of a very capable person that will pamper and beautify her to a state of shininess I would never achieve! Don't get me wrong, I am all in favour of cleanliness, but washing a bike just isn't for me. Some how I always end up hurting myself and damaging every finger is not something I can afford! The fact is, to do it right, it is necessary to take everything apart and I am not up to the job. Fortunately Stan is and he will, for a very small amount of money, bring her back from the several months and many miles of dirty. Yes, last time I gave her a shower was on the eve of going to the Le Mans GP, 16th of May...More then 2 month ago! I promise a picture! His work is truly stunning.
And its less then a month for our trip to Belgium and Germany, that will include a training course at the NurburgRing. More on that latter. For now, the preparations will start with a diner with the participants to organize details of which roads to travel on and what to go and visit. Always a good reason to meet up and have some nice food.

No comments: